The International Association of Movers (IAM) is the moving and forwarding industry’s largest global trade association. With more than 2,000 members, it comprises companies that provide moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics, and related services in more than 170 countries. Since 1962, IAM has been promoting the growth and success of its members by offering programs, resources, membership protections, and unparalleled networking opportunities to enhance their businesses and their brands.
IAM Fast Facts
- In 2000, the IAM Young Professionals Group is formed.
- The Alan F. Wohlstetter Scholarship Fund is established in 2002
- Georgia Angell (Foremost Forwarders) is the first woman elected Chair of the Association, in 2003. She served for five years.
- The Hall of Honor inducts its first class of industry leaders, including Association founders, in 2008.
- In 2009, the Association changes its name from Household Good Forwarders Association of America, to the International Association of Movers.
- In 2012, the Association celebrates its 50th Anniversary.
We strive to be the global champion for the moving industry by advancing the professionalism and operational excellence of our members.
Our Vision for the Customer Relocation Experience
Moving your goods becomes the easy part.
We value teamwork. Together we are stronger.
We strive to excel in every aspect of our work.
We enjoy the journey and make sure our team and members feel appreciated and valued.
We celebrate differences, everyone is welcome.
We think big and never settle. We are not afraid to make mistakes.
We stand for what is right and hold ourselves and our members to high ethical standards.
What questions have IAM members asked about the association’s strategic direction and goals? Find out:
Do you have questions you’d like to add to the list? Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org!